Maybe you’ve noticed that the quantity of new product posts has diminished greatly.
I’ve been working towards purchasing items that I’ll truly enjoy or that fill a need in my collection and not just because they’re on sale. It’s been hard. I’m still allowing the random “OMG but it’s 75% off!!!” but I’ve been able to talk myself out of buying yet ANOTHER Urban Decay/Tarte/ABH palette I will never use.
So, for the next couple of weeks I’ll be on a declutter journey. I plan to keep what I use or what I really enjoy the packaging of. Everything else will be sanitized and given to friends or trashed if it’s old.
Each category will get its own post. I’ll show swatches and let you know which items I declutter and why! Up first…
For every day use, I like a natural, lightly pigmented blush with a smooth texture. Applying blush is not my strong suit so I need something more or less goof proof.
Lately my favorite has been the Physicians Formula butter blush. The color is perfect for me and I appreciate that it never looks overdone no matter how much I apply. Fiona Stiles Sweetwater is also a fav.
The blushes in the declutter pile were mostly because of their chalky texture. I could never get a good blend so I wouldn’t reach for them.
- Start 25
- Re-homed 13
- Kept 12
Some of the links in my blog are affiliate links, meaning that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click-through and make a purchase.
- Physician’s Formula Butter blush in Natural
- Physician’s Formula Happy Booster blush in Natural
- Physicians Formula Argan Wear blush in Rose
- Milani blush in Coral Cove
- Colourpop blush in High Five – no longer available
- Wet N Wild Ombre blush in The Princess Daiquiries
- Wet N Wild Ombre blush in Purple Haze
- Kiko blush in Alluring Rose – no longer available
- Kiko blush in Provocative Pink – no longer available
- Tarte blush in Paaarty
- Tarte blush in Ornate
- Laura Geller blush in Peach Blossom – no longer available
- Laura Geller blush in Pink Valentine – no longer available
- Laura Geller blush in Neapolitan – no longer available
- Fiona Stiles blush in Pomander Walk – no longer available
- Fiona Stiles blush in Maiden Lane
- Fiona Stiles blush in Lex – no longer available
- Fiona Stiles blush in Sweetwater – no longer available
- Nars x Erdem blush in Loves Me – no longer available
- Becca blush in Dahlia
- Buxom Wanderlust blush in Mykonos
- Beauty For Real cream blush stick in Coral Crush
Notice the Tarte Paaarty swatches are different. Nice quality control Tarte!
I don’t really ever use the Becca Dahlia or Nars Loves Me but I am keeping them just because of the packaging and plan to incorporate them into eye looks.
Here’s what I am re-homing. I found 2 DHC blushes that I had missed initially. They have almost no pigment when applied.